Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SeaDog 2008 Launch

Our boat, SeaDog, was put into the water on Tuesday and we decided to check on it this past Saturday. It's at new dock space so we weren't sure how well it was secured. We were glad we checked. With the wind blowing out of the East, the bow of the boat was rubbing up against the dock. We tied a temporary fender until we could get some rubber edging material (I'm sure there is a boater's name for this stuff, but it escapes me.) Sunday we returned to install the dock edging material and the bow and dock are doing just fine.

SeaDog is a 1970 Mako 17 with a 2000 Yamaha 90 outboard. She's docked in Westport Point, MA. Sally's parents live in Westport and she has many fond memories Summering there (and living there for a time.) When Sally and I met she was living at "The Point", so the fond memories extend to myself as well. Westport is our home away from home. Gramps and I are looking forward to many good fishing expeditions this year aboard SeaDog. I'm also looking forward to the day Una takes her first ride on the boat.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: