Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oktoberfest 2008




Sally and I had a wonderful time last Saturday at the 3rd Annual New Bedford Oktoberfest. We were joined by our friends Michele and Tom.

While Sally and I had enjoyed the Ft. Taber park previously (it's a wonderful place for family picnics or walks), we were delighted the Fort's main doors were open to let patrons inside. The Fort reminded me very much of a miniature Fort Jefferson near Key West. Tom and Michele thought the same thing.

The beer from Mayflower, Wachusetts, Nantucket's Cisco, Newport Storm, and Buzzards Bay were all fantastic. The Pilgrim IPA from Mayflower was my personal favorite for the day.



We were there for a couple of hours and saw and heard a couple of bands, and also the terrific "Oompah" band.


It was a good time at a great venue and I know Sally and I will be there for the 4th next year. Congrats to the Southcoast Business Alliance for putting on a great event and raising money for a couple of worthwhile causes.

After the "fest" we enjoyed a nice meal at Cork in downtown New Bedford. Sally and I enjoy an occasional visit to Cork. Bonus points scored by having friends Michele and Tom join us.

It really is nice to see how New Bedford is alive with events such as this.
Posted by Picasa






No comments: